Specialties are the different types of work/jobs your caregivers do; ex. RN-Labor & Delivery, CNA-Sitter, etc. System Admins can edit, add, or inactivate Specialties.
1. Click Admin > Setup > Specialties. Specialties are tied to Degrees, which are created in the Degrees tab. For more information on creating Degrees, refer to this article: https://blueskymss.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/489361
2. You'll see a list of pre-populated Specialties (if you're a new client) or existing Specialties. You can edit, add, or inactivate the Specialties in this list.
3. To edit a Specialty, click on the name of the Specialty.
- Enter the name of the Specialty.
- Select a General Specialty if applicable.
- Link to a Profile Checklist or a Prophecy Skills Checklist if applicable. Refer to this article for more information: http://blueskymss.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/489220
- Select Active in the Status drop-down menu.
- Enter a Seq. No (the Specialty will display in numerical order in this list).
- Enter an Expiration Period if applicable (this is for the skills checklist).
- Enter a Code if applicable (typically used with payroll imports/exports).
- Check this box if a License is required to do this job.
- Check this box if a Skills Checklist is required to do this job.
- Click OK.
Keep in mind:
- Specialties are tied to Degrees. If you need to enter an Lab Tech - Specimen Collector Specialty, click on the filter and select the correct Degree.
- You cannot enter a Specialty under two Degrees. If an RN and LPN could have the same Specialty, you can enter the Specialty under each Degree, but one must have a slightly different name.