In BlueSky, Degrees are used to categorize your caregivers by job title: RN, LPN, CNA, Pharmacist, etc. System administrators can edit, add and inactivate Degrees.***This includes non-clinical caregivers!*** The actual "competencies" for these caregivers is entered in the "Specialties" tab. Degrees are parent to the Specialties child. Refer to this article for more information: https://blueskymss.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/489218
To add a Degree:1. Click Admin > Setup > Degrees. You will see a pre-populated list of Degrees:
2.You may have more than one page of Degrees in your system, so look at each page before adding a new degree. You can edit, add, or inactivate the Degrees in this list. To edit a Degree, click on the name of the Degree. You can now change the name, the Seq. No (where the Degree appears numerically in the list), the status, enter a code for the Degree, and note if the Degree participates is APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, usually 4 year degree).
3. To add a new Degree, click New Degree.
- Enter the name of the new Degree.
- Seq. No.: Enter a number to numerically order the list of Degrees.
- Status: Select Active if this Degree is currently staffed, or Inactive.
- Code: Typically used with payroll imports/exports.
- Participates in APRN: Check if this Degree is is an Advanced Placement Nursing Degree (usually a 4 year degree program). If checked, your system will consider Compact States for licensing.