The short answer to your question is to simply roll your Pay Week forward 2 weeks at a time. By doing this, whatever pay data is between the last payroll run and the end date of the "Current pay week" (2 weeks in this example) will be processed for payroll.
To better answer this question though, I find it a bit easier to show you through live examples:
1. In this scenario, let's assume my last payroll run was week 34 (8/17 - 8/23) and I would like to process payroll for the next 2 weeks (Weeks 35 and 36 - 8/24 to 9/6).
- Notice below that we show week 36 as my current pay period. Because you will be processing payroll every other week, you will be rolling this forward 2 weeks at a time (will explain more below) in order to encompass 2 weeks worth of work on 1 payroll run.
2. For this 2-week period I have the following scheduled items:
- 4 Per Diem Shifts at Ricks Hospital.
- 1 Perm Placement ($5000.00 Placement Fee).
- 1 Scheduled Other Payment (Long Term Placement)
3. Navigate to Employee Time Sheets and filter to the 1st week (8/24 – 8/30 – Week 35) of your bi-weekly pay week.
- Pull in all timesheets for this pay week (1 shift in this scenario), edit times, and upload time sheets (if applicable).
4. Filter to the 2nd week (8/31 – 9/6 – Week 36).
- Pull in all time sheets for this pay week (3 shifts in this scenario), edit times, and upload time sheets (if applicable).
5. Navigate to Employee Other Payments and filter to Worked Week 35 (8/24 – 8/30) and click the magic wand to pull in any scheduled other payments (Placement Fee in this scenario):
6. Navigate to Employee Other Payments and filter to Worked Week 36 (8/31 – 6/6) and click the magic wand to pull in this week’s other payments (Long Term Placement).
7. Navigate to Reports – Payroll Reports – Shifts to be paid by Caregivers – Filter to the 2 week time frame and review all activity to ensure all data is correct.
- This report will include all activity for this time frame. If any changes should be made, simply filter to the time sheets or other payments and make changes.
8. Navigate to Payroll – Pay Employees.
- Your current week should appear (36 in this scenario) and simply ensure the correct region is selected and click OK.
- Your pdf viewer should now populate all PAY information for this 2 week timeframe from the last point you ran payroll (8/23 - Week 34). (The Placement Fee will not be included here since it is a Bill Only).
- Leona Ault – 1 shift
- Tim Ault – Long Term Placement Fee
- Bob Creeger – 2 shifts
- Jerry Josphion – 1 shift
- Total pay gross should match the Shifts to be paid Report ($6119.25)
9. Navigate to Payroll – Set Current Pay/Bill Period in order to “Close the books” on this pay period (not invoice period) and begin working on the next 2-week pay cycle.
- Since you will be processing payroll every other week it is imperative that you now roll the week forward 2 weeks so the next payroll run will encompass both weeks (Week 37 and 38).
- BlueSky’s payroll revolves around the current pay period. Now that we have processed payroll up to 9/6 and have rolled the week forward 2 weeks (to 9/20), the system will now process pay from 9/7 to 9/20 (2 weeks) since that is the time frame between the last payroll run and the end of the “Current Week” (9/20).
As always feel free to reach out to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.