Your VMS contract might include 6 hospitals that have the same pay and bill rates. Creating a Rate Group for these 6 facilities saves you time; rates are entered once and saved, as opposed to 6 different times.
To create a Rate Group:
1. Click Admin - Setup - Rate Groups
2. Click New Rate Group
3. Select which region the relevant Facilities are located in, and enter the name of the Rate group and a brief description.
4. Click OK. A new popup will appear. A blank Rate table will show. This is where you will begin entering your rates that will apply to all relevant Facilities.
5. Click New Rate.
6. Enter rates for these facilities with all appropriate details. You can enter as many Rates as you want for as many different scenarios as you want. Remember, each rate is its own line item, and no two rates can be the same. In this example, only 3 rates are used. Realistically, there would be many more that cover overtime, charge nurses, callback rates, etc., each with its own Rate in the list.
7. Once all applicable Rates are entered, click OK.
To assign Rate Groups to the appropriate Facilities:
1. Click Entries - Facilities
2. Filter to the Facilities that are part of this Rate Group. Click on the name of the Facility.
3. On the left-hand side of the page, click into Rates.
4. Click on the Assign Rate Group icon:
5. Select the relevant Rate Group created in Admin from the dropdown menu.
6. Click OK.
7. Repeat, as necessary.