** All of the steps below can be duplicated for SC Companies and SC Bonuses **
Setting up your system for time sheet approval:
1. Check/set Permissions:
a) Click Admin > Permissions > Permissions. Filter to a Region and User group and click OK.
b) A permission tree will appear. If this user group does not have access to Payroll (it will be in gray), click on the word Payroll and change the permission to Accessible. Click OK.
c) Click on the + next to Payroll to expand the section.
d) Click on All TimeSheets (Empl & SC) and change the permission to Partial Access. Click OK.
e) Click on the + next to All TimeSheets to expand the section.
f) If you want to turn on approval for your company users, click on Approve by Agency and change the permission to Full Rights. If you want to turn on approval for facility contacts, click on Approve by Facility and change the permission.
g) Click Save.
Follow the steps above to give permission to Other Payments and SC Bonuses if needed.
TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES, click Save and then click Log Out. Log back into BlueSky.
2. Turn on timesheet approval for an entire Region or a specific Facility.
For an entire Region: if approval is turned on for an entire Region, all timesheets from all facilities in this Region will be impacted.
1. Click Admin > Setup > Company Setup.
2. Click on the name of a Region, then click Edit.
3. Scroll to Timesheets/Other Payments Included in Invoice and Timesheets/Other Payments Included in Payroll.
** Note: there are two fields to pay attention to: This selection will be the default when running invoicing and payroll.
a) Time sheets/Other Payments Included in Invoice (Controls which timesheets make it into an invoice)
b) Time sheets/Other Payments Included in Payroll (controls which timesheets make it into pay file)
- Parent node simply means "take the setting on the Company/Parent level" (if applicable).
- Approve by Facility and Approve by Agency simply notates who needs to approve the timesheets. If you are only approving by Facility then only select "Approve by Facility". (You decide if you want facility or agency or both to approve what goes into payroll and/or invoicing).
- Match with Invoice Settings: Simply matches the Payroll selection to your invoice selection.
3. Facility Settings: Although we have made the default on the Company Setup you have the ability to select these settings on a per facility basis. Not all facilities even have to have approval turned on.
- This can be edited in Billing Rules for each specific Facility
- You can either keep the default settings or deselect "Use Region Settings" and change the check boxes accordingly.
4. Using the Approval Feature: This feature is directly related to who will be approving your time sheets (Agency/Facility/Both)
a) Agency Approval: To be used as an internal check of your Caregiver time sheets
- Click into Payroll>Employee time sheets - Filter for the week and pull in the time sheets (or view the time sheets entered by your caregivers through the mobile app)
** IMPORTANT: Because time sheets have been enabled to only be processed if Approved (either by Facility and/or agency) the system WILL NOT calculate overtime UNTIL those time sheets are approved. This goes for Daily OT and Weekly OT **
- Review the time entered and note the "Appr by" box next to the time sheet detail. If grayed out, make sure you open the TS by clicking on the Caregiver's name.
- This is where you have the ability to approve that TS. (agency approval shown in below example)
- You also have the ability to add a note along with that approval by clicking the "..." below the approval